RALLY Skid Plate for 2015-2021 Subaru STI
This aluminum skid plate is a direct fit for your 2015+ Subaru STI. It replaces the OEM plastic splash guard panel which offers little protection and generally has many problems. It offers built-in trap doors for both oil drain plug and oil filter. Unlike many splash shields and skid plates on the market, this also offers ventilation as well as complete side brackets for additional support. It comes with new hardware - especially important as this goes ALL THE WAY to your front bumper and doesn't stop at the radiator support - it will replace the stock push clips with speed nuts and bolts. This will give your STI support on the front bumper while maintaining optimal air channeling under the vehicle with this aluminum splash shield. Specifically designed with the rally enthusiast in mind, this skid plate is built to protect your vehicle under the heaviest and most aggressive activities in your car.
RALLY plates have STAR cutouts
Main Plate - 3/16" Aluminum
Side brackets and front panel are 1/16"
** There is now an option for a lower/extra clearance option for those who are running aftermarket headers (typically equal length like the Tomei) where the headers sit too low for standard drop levels **
Installation Hardware is Included with each aluminum splash shield - It will replace the plastic clips on the bumper with a more permanent solution using bolts and speed nuts
- MADE OF .19 (3/16") ALUMINUM - only slightly heavier than stock (by ~ 1 lb) but hard aluminum resistant to denting and splitting
- LASER CUT - Precise cuts to fit stock mounting points * CLEARANCE - Clearance as good as OEM or better, but stronger which improves airflow
- RIGIDITY - Offers better protection while strengthening bumper support for better stability at high speeds
- 3 PIECE DESIGN - Won't bend the whole thing if you hit a curb, and can replace only the front piece. Easier to work on your engine.
- OIL DOOR - The OEM shroud offers little access to the filter. This built in oil door is accessible by removing 2 simple bolts.
- VENTED DESIGN - Helps to aid with air flow and heat removal
- 2015-2021 Subaru STI
Installation was a breeze, and the four pieces fit the undercarriage of the car and together almost perfectly. I especially liked how the thickness of the main under-engine piece makes it pretty difficult for debris to do any sort of damage now. Only "negative" I would give is that a metal skid plate naturally makes road debris noise more noticeable, but that's both to be expected and not really a negative, personally.