2012-2017 Subaru CrossTrek Aluminum Engine Under Tray Skid Plate
This aluminum skid plate/splash guard is a direct fit for your Subaru CrossTrek. It replaces the OEM plastic splash guard panel which offers little protection and generally has many problems. It offers built-in trap doors for both oil drain plug and oil filter. Unlike many splash shields and skid plates on the market, this also offers ventilation as well. It comes with new hardware - especially important as this goes ALL THE WAY to your front bumper and doesn't stop at the radiator support - it will replace the stock push clips with speed nuts and bolts. This will give your CrossTrek support on the front end while maintaining optimal air channeling under the vehicle with this aluminum splash shield. This skid plate will keep your engine bay clean and protect your vital components.
2012-2017 Subaru CrossTrek
STREET option is for most regular drivers
Off-Road is 100% thicker for rugged applications
Installation Hardware is Included with each aluminum splash shield - It will replace the plastic clips on the bumper with a more permanent solution using bolts and speed nuts
- MADE OF .063 ALUMINUM - only slightly heavier than stock (by ~ 1 lb) but hard aluminum resistant to denting and splitting
- LASER CUT - Precise cuts to fit stock mounting points * CLEARANCE - Clearance as good as OEM or better, but stronger which improves airflow
- RIGIDITY - Offers better protection while strengthening bumper support for better stability at high speeds
- 3 PIECE DESIGN - Won't bend the whole thing if you hit a curb, and can replace only the front piece. Easier to work on your engine.
- OIL DOOR - The OEM shroud offers little access to the filter. This built in oil door is accessible by removing 2 simple bolts.
- VENTED DESIGN - Helps to aid with air flow and heat removal
- 2012-2017 Subaru CrossTrek
I got this skid plate for my 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek and it looks awesome! It didn’t come with installation instructions but since it was a skid plate it was still relatively easy to install. The kit also came with installation hardware which was a big help!